Saturday, April 3, 2010

Spring Break in Arizona


A couple of months ago Ben and I started talking about what to do for Spring Break this year. We looked on a map to see where we could drive to in 8 hours or less and thought that it would be fun to go to the Phoenix area. Ben has lots of family there and I had never been AND it was warm so it wasn't a hard decision. We ended up getting invited to stay with Ben's cousin Kalene and we were so grateful. We had such a wonderful time! It was mine and the kid's first time seeing the saguaro cactus and we were just in awe. I had no idea there were SO MANY all over the place. Kalene and her family were amazing hosts and we felt so much at home there. It was fun to get to know more of that side of the family. We were there for 4 nights and got to explore lots of fun places. We went to the McCormick Railroad Park, Goldfield Ghost Town, Phoenix Zoo, In-n-Out Burger (my first), Fashion Square mall, Houston's, and the Arizona Aloha Festival. We got to spend a whole afternoon and evening at a park by Aunt Shirley's just hanging out with lots of cousins. The kids had a blast! Ben and I even got to go out on a dinner date to Houston's which is Ben's favorite restaurant ever. Dani watched the kids for us which was so nice. The kids all fell in love with Kalene and I think the feeling was mutual. She even let them have ice cream for breakfast and bought them Lucky Charms! I have so many pictures from our trip so I'll just pick some of my favorites.






1 comment: